- Employment assistance through career exploration, resume writing and interview coaching
- Soft skill and digital skill training
- Providing interview and employment clothing and accessories
- Community resource referrals
- Case management services
- Continued follow up with clients
Empowerment Services believes all people deserve to feel safe, be self-sufficient and gain opportunity and support needed to break the cycle of poverty. If you live in Tippecanoe, Benton, Carroll, Clinton, White and Warren counties and are struggling to afford or gain access to adequate educational or vocational services, we can help. Email or call us today at 765-742-0075 to speak with a team member.
STRIVE Workforce Development
STRIVE is a free professional development program for individuals who struggle to secure or retain living-wage employment. You will define your career goals and gain the confidence to seek higher-paying jobs, negotiate higher wages, pursue continuing education or earn professional certification.
Each program cohort consists of 120 hours of classroom instruction, hands-on training and individual meetings with certified advisors to develop the professional habits and skills needed to succeed.
STRIVE is for people of color, women and survivors of violence, crime and bullying and anyone seeking a professional development opportunity to increase professional, interpersonal and technological skills for working in a digital world.
- Must live in Tippecanoe, Benton, Carroll, Clinton, Warren or White Counties.
- Must be 18+ years old.
- Must have basic English literacy and math skills.
- Must show desire and ability to complete the full program.
Empowerment Services Program team members can provide educational presentations for your school, group, church or other women’s and service organization. For questions, please email Kelly Hampton, Director, Empowerment Services , or call (765) 742-0075.
Dress for Success
Dress for Success Greater Lafayette empowers all women to achieve economic independence by providing professional attire, development tools and a network of support to help them thrive in work and in life. Our 1400 square foot clothing boutique serves as the starting point to each woman’s journey of achieving self-sufficiency. Three programs exist to support our mission: Suiting, Career Development and Professional Women’s Group.
At Dress for Success Greater Lafayette, we offer all women:
Suiting provides all women with clothing for a job interview or new job whether unemployed, underemployed or pursuing a new career path.
- Personal consultation with boutique manager
- Customized boutique shopping experience complete with outfit, accessories and interview or new job material
- Additional clothing and support through all stages of employment
Career Development equips all women with free tools and classes that strengthen their job search and professional development.
- Free WiFi, computer and printer access
- Resume, cover letter and interviewing skill development and review
- Classes designed to build soft skills and digital skills
- Career counseling and community resource referral
Professional Women’s Group offers continued support to all employed women to propel them toward a sustainable career.
- Continued support in Suiting and Career Development
- Career readiness and professional development workshops
- Networking events with peers, community partners and employers
Email or call 765-423-7019 to speak with a team member today.
Dress for Success Greater Lafayette values ALL women. We serve women from diverse backgrounds and circumstances, including women from many racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, as well as women of all abilities and strengths, women that are experiencing homelessness, mental illness, were formerly incarcerated, are non-English speakers and from the LGBTQIA+ community. We meet women where they are, and we want our clients to see themselves represented in every aspect of who we are – staffing, volunteers, board members and all affiliate organizations. Currently we serve all women who are referred to us by partner agencies in Tippecanoe, Benton, Carroll, Clinton, White and Warren counties.
YWCA Greater Lafayette offers commercial kitchen rentals and support for entrepreneurs in the culinary, food service and cottage food industries in our fully equipped facility. Affordable fees for women, people of color and other underserved populations are based on a sliding fee schedule determined by business model, maturity of business and ability to pay. For more information, email Janae Kraud or call (765) 742-0075.