- Employment assistance through career exploration, resume writing and interview coaching
- Soft skill and digital skill training
- Providing interview and employment clothing and accessories
- Community resource referrals
- Case management services
- Continued follow up with clients
Empowerment Services believes all people deserve to feel safe, be self-sufficient and gain opportunity and support needed to break the cycle of poverty. If you live in Tippecanoe, Benton, Carroll, Clinton, White and Warren counties and are struggling to afford or gain access to adequate educational or vocational services, we can help. Schedule an appointment with a member of the Empowerment Services team, email Brenda Renaldo.
STRIVE Workforce Development
STRIVE is a free professional development program for individuals who struggle to secure or retain living-wage employment. You will define your career goals and gain the confidence to seek higher-paying jobs, negotiate higher wages, pursue continuing education or earn professional certification.
Each program cohort consists of 60 hours of classroom instruction, hands-on training and individual meetings with certified advisors to develop the professional habits and skills needed to succeed.
STRIVE is for anyone seeking a free education and skill development opportunity to increase professional, interpersonal and technological skills for working in a digital world. Whether unemployed, underemployed or employed and in need of a boost, STRIVE will help you get where you want to go.
- Must live in Tippecanoe, Benton, Carroll, Clinton, Warren or White Counties.
- Must be 18+ years old.
- Must have basic English literacy and math skills.
- Must show desire and ability to complete the full program.
Registration is open for Tuesday & Thursday classes.
Morning 10:00 a.m. – Noon
Empowerment Services Program team members can provide educational presentations for your school, group, church or other women’s and service organizations. For questions, please email Brenda Renaldo, Director, Empowerment Services , or call (765) 742-0075.
Dress for Success
Dress for Success Greater Lafayette empowers all women to achieve economic independence by providing professional attire, development tools and a network of support to help them thrive in work and in life. Our 1400 square foot clothing boutique serves as the starting point to each woman’s journey of achieving self-sufficiency. Three programs exist to support our mission: Suiting, Career Development and Professional Women’s Group.
At Dress for Success Greater Lafayette, we offer all women:
Suiting provides all women with clothing for a job interview or new job whether unemployed, underemployed or pursuing a new career path.
- Personal consultation with boutique manager
- Customized boutique shopping experience complete with outfit, accessories and interview or new job material
- Additional clothing and support through all stages of employment
Career Development equips all women with free tools and classes that strengthen their job search and professional development.
- Free WiFi, computer and printer access
- Resume, cover letter and interviewing skill development and review
- Classes designed to build soft skills and digital skills
- Career counseling and community resource referral
Professional Women’s Group offers continued support to all employed women to propel them toward a sustainable career.
- Continued support in Suiting and Career Development
- Career readiness and professional development workshops
- Networking events with peers, community partners and employers
Email or call 765-423-7019 to speak with a team member today.
If you’re unable to connect with one of our referring partner agencies, we encourage you to complete a self-referral form so we can help you begin your empowerment journey.
Dress for Success Greater Lafayette values ALL women. We serve women from diverse backgrounds and circumstances, including women from many racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, as well as women of all abilities and strengths, women that are experiencing homelessness, mental illness, were formerly incarcerated, are non-English speakers and from the LGBTQIA+ community. We meet women where they are, and we want our clients to see themselves represented in every aspect of who we are – staffing, volunteers, board members and all affiliate organizations. Currently we serve all women who are referred to us by partner agencies in Tippecanoe, Benton, Carroll, Clinton, White and Warren counties.
YWCA Lafayette has partnered with Purdue Federal CU and Banzai to bring you clear, in-depth lessons that help you dive into the financial topics you care most about. Topics include:
- Borrowing and Credit
- Building Credit
- and many more!
These fun and free courses use real-life scenarios to demonstrate the power of good financial planning. Courses are available for kids, teens, and adults.