Thank you for your interest in volunteering with YWCA Greater Lafayette. The YWCA offers various volunteer opportunities for community members. An individual or group can volunteer for a one-time service project or can provide a volunteer commitment on a regular basis for an extended period of time. When you volunteer with YWCA Greater Lafayette, you are helping to further our mission to empower women and girls and doing what matters right here in your own community.
- Serving on an event committee (for example, helping to plan and implement Salute to Women, Clay Bowl Giving Project, Holiday Bingo & Silent Auction, Network Luncheon Series, etc.)
- Cleaning or doing yard work (scheduled as needed)
- Assisting with children’s programming in the evening
- Answering the domestic violence crisis hotline (operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Working with Spanish-speaking clients and translating documents
- Helping with outreach at community fairs and other events
- Processing mail (labeling, stuffing, sealing, folding, etc.)