Thank you for your interest in volunteering with YWCA Greater Lafayette. The YWCA offers various volunteer opportunities for community members. An individual or group can volunteer for a one-time service project or can provide a volunteer commitment on a regular basis for an extended period of time. When you volunteer with YWCA Greater Lafayette, you are helping to further our mission to empower women and girls and doing what matters right here in your own community.
- Cleaning or doing yard work (scheduled as needed)
- Unloading, loading in or organizing our rehousing stockroom
- Helping stock and restock in our Dress for Success program boutique
- Answering the DVIPP crisis hotline (operates 24/7)
- Helping with outreach and campaign distribution in the community and at events
- Processing mail (labeling, stuffing, sealing, folding, etc.)
- Working with Spanish-speaking clients and translating documents
- Serving on an event committee (e.g. Salute to Women, Clay Bowl Giving Project, Holiday Bingo & Silent Auction, etc.)
For information about volunteering with the Domestic Violence Program, contact Ericka. For all other programs, contact the front desk at 765-742-0075.