Dear YWCA Family,
As our entire state and nation navigate the effects of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), YWCA is constantly monitoring the situation and staying in close contact with the CDC, Tippecanoe County Health Department, Indiana Coalition Against Domestic Violence and other partners. We value the safety and well-being of our entire community.
Coronavirus is a respiratory illness. The virus can be spread person-to-person, similar to the flu and other respiratory illnesses. As of March 2020, there is a significant concern about widespread activity. There is no specific antiviral treatment for the virus. Any infected person can seek medical treatment for symptom relief. There is also no vaccine to protect against it. Patients with COVID-19 (Coronavirus) have had mild to severe respiratory illness with the following symptoms: Fever, Cough, and Shortness of Breath.
If you visit YWCA, we respectfully ask you and your children to adhere to our requests of proper handwashing and other precautions, recommended by the CDC to prohibit the spread of infectious disease:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Wear a mask.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Most importantly, if you or your children are sick and exhibiting symptoms, we ask you to simply stay home. YWCA is currently operating under program restrictions for certain types of programming.This includes, but is not limited to, pickleball open hours, dance classes, facility rental, and volleyball practice, noon pickup basketball, and support groups. Specific information will be communicated to program participants by department directors.
We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as warranted through our website at ywcalafayette.org and through our Facebook page on social media. Thanks in advance for your help in keeping our community healthy and safe.