Classes for Youth, Teens, and Adults
Home of Dance Distinction Dance Company
September 11 - December 7: Y-Dance Classes
October 3: Bridge Lighting Performance (a ceremony hosted by the YWCA’s Women’s Cancer Program to raise
awareness, celebrate survivors, and remember those who have died from breast
November 20-23: Thanksgiving Break/No Classes
December 2: Christmas Parade
December 4-7: Y-Dance Informal Showcase
CLASS OPTIONS (See Class Description, Class Schedule, Tuition)
SNAP (Ages 5 and Older)
Pre-Fusion (Age 3)
Fusion (Age 4 through Adult), Offered by Divisions and Levels**
Leaps and Turns* (Grades 1 through 12) Offered by Divisions and Levels
Ballet (Grades 1 through 12), Offered by Levels
Hip Hop (Grades 3 through Adult), Offered by Divisions
Tap (Grades K through 8), Offered by Levels
Tumbling for Dance (Grades 5 through 12), Offered by Divisions
*To enroll in a Leaps and Turns class, a
Fusion and/or Ballet class is prerequisite. This allows for the fundamentals
to be learned in conjunction with leaps and turns.
in a Level 4 Fusion Class requires enrollment in Leaps/Turns and Ballet as well.
- Divisions signify grade/maturity and levels allow for abilities.
- For most classes, minimum enrollment is four students.
- Some classes may cap enrollment based on teacher and room space.
- All classes are held at the YWCA, 605 N. 6th Street, Lafayette.
If registration information is up-to-date, you may register by calling 765-742-0075. There is an annual $25 Registration Fee if you have not already paid it through September 2017. A Registration Form must be completed at the time you enroll (only once annually).
is due by September 5. Call 765-742-0075.
dancers from the summer and winter sessions may register beginning August 2.
class recommendations for returning dancers are available when enrolling
Public may register beginning August 16.
recommend Level 1 for dancers new to the Y-Dance Program.
is an annual $25 Registration Fee.
- A Registration form MUST be completed at the
YWCA at the front desk at time of registration for new dance students only
Bridge Lighting/Christmas Parade
- The Bridge Lighting performance will be held October 3 @ 6:00 PM. Call time TBD.
- The Christmas parade will be held December 2 @ 5:30. Call time TBD.
- The costume for both performances will be the Y-Dance T-shirt and black shorts or black pants/sweat pants; depending on the weather. Mittens and head covering for the parade also TBD.
- T-shirts will be available to purchase the first 2 weeks of Y-Dance through Friday, September 15.
- Our Y-Dance Showcase will be held December 4-7, during the last classes of the session.
- This is a very informal event where dancers showcase the technical skills and Bridge Lighting combination.
- All ages are welcome to observe that day.
The Y-Dance program undergoes changes as the numbers, needs, and desires of its dancers continue to grow forward. Whether the goal is to dance at a recreational level “just for fun” or for those who foresee themselves on dance teams, in musical theatre, undertaking auditions, or who want to take dance to a higher level, Y-Dance has something for everyone. Beginning in 2003 with three classes and 16 dancers Y-Dance has now grown to over 350 students.
The Y-Dance philosophy is:
To provide an atmosphere of discipline and structure
To make each dancer feel loved, valued, and empowered
To be fun, enjoyable, and a learning experience
To enhance dancers’ coordination, dance, creativity, and memory skills
If you do not know which class is for you/your child, please phone the YWCA at 742-0075 and Y-Dance Director, Hannah Walters, will help you determine where to begin.
WE WELCOME YOU!