Classes for Youth, Teens, and Adults
Fall 2018 (12 weeks of instruction)
· September 10 - December 6: Y-Dance Classes
· October 2: Bridge Lighting Performance (a ceremony hosted by the YWCA’s Women’s Cancer Program to raise awareness, celebrate survivors, and remember those who have died from breast cancer.)
· November 19-22: Thanksgiving Break/No Classes
· December 1: Christmas Parade
· December 3-6: Y-Dance Informal Showcase (See below)
Class Options (See Class Description, Class Schedule, Tuition)
SNAP Ages 5 and older
Pre-Fusion Age 3
Fusion Pre-K (age 4) through Adult Offered by Divisions and Levels**
Leaps and Turns* Grades 1 through 12 Offered by Divisions and Levels
Ballet Grades 1 through 12 Offered by Levels
Hip Hop Grades 3 through Adult Offered by Divisions
Tap Grades K through 12 Offered by Levels
*To enroll in a Leaps and Turns class, a Fusion and/or Ballet class is prerequisite. This allows for the
fundamentals to be learned in conjunction with leaps and turns.
**Enrollment in a Level 4 Fusion Class requires enrollment in Leaps/Turns and Ballet as well.
· Divisions signify grade/maturity.
· Levels allow for abilities.
· For most classes, minimum enrollment is four students.
· Some classes may cap enrollment based on teacher and room space.
· All classes are held at the YWCA, 605 N. 6th Street, Lafayette.
· Registration is due by September 5. Call 765-742-0075.
· Returning dancers from the summer and winter sessions may register beginning August 1.
· All class recommendations for returning dancers are available when enrolling
· General Public may register beginning August 13.
· We recommend Level 1 for dancers new to the Y-Dance Program.
· There is an annual $25 Registration Fee.
· A Registration form MUST be completed at the YWCA at the front desk at time of registration for new dance students only.
Bridge Lighting/Christmas Parade
**These are both optional performances for our Y-Dancers, but highly encouraged!
· The Bridge Lighting performance will be held October 2 @ 6:00 PM. Call time TBD.
· The Christmas parade will be held December 1 @ 5:30. Call time TBD.
· The costume for both performances will be the Y-Dance T-shirt and black shorts or black pants/sweat pants; depending on the weather. Mittens and head covering for the parade also TBD.
· T-shirts will be available to purchase the first week of Y-Dance through Friday, September 14.
· Our Y-Dance Showcase will be held December 3-6, during the last classes of the session.
· This is a very informal event where dancers showcase the technical skills and Bridge Lighting combination.
· All ages are welcome to observe that day.
The Y-Dance program undergoes changes as the numbers, needs, and desires of its dancers continue to grow, evident by our dance classes, the new ballet directive, and our dance company; Dance Distinction. Whether the goal is to dance at a recreational level “just for fun”, or for those who foresee themselves on competitive dance teams, on Dance Distinction Dance Company, in musical theatre, undertaking auditions, or who want to take dance to a higher level, Y-Dance has something for everyone.
Our philosophy is:
If you have other questions that are not answered in the below links, please phone the YWCA at 742-0075.
You can make a monetary donation to the YWCA here.