Classes for Youth, Teen and Adults
Winter 2015 (16 weeks of instruction)
· December 31: Registration Due (Office closes at 5:00 PM)
· January 5-8: Y-Dance Show Costume Measuring, Sizing, Payment/Dancewear Ordering
· January 12-May 7: Instructional Classes
· March 23-27: Spring Break/No Classes
· May 2: Show Photo Session
· May 8 & 9: Y-Dance Dress Rehearsal and Shows (See Information Below)
Class Options (See Class Description, Class Schedule, Tuition)
SNAP Ages 5-18 (Special Needs Class)
Pre-Fusion Age 3
Fusion Pre-K (age 4) through Adult Offered by Divisions and Levels**
Leaps and Turns* Grades 1 through 12 Offered by Divisions and Levels
Ballet Technique* Grades 1 through 12 Offered by Levels
Hip Hop Grades 3 through Adult Offered by Divisions
Modern Grades 3 through 12
Dance Improvisation Grade 3 through 12
Tap Grades K through 8 Offered by Levels
*Enrollment in a Fusion Class is required for enrollment in Leaps and Turns and/or Ballet classes.
**Enrollment in a Level 4 Fusion Ballet as well. Class requires enrollment in Leaps/Turns and Ballet as well.
· Divisions signify grade/maturity.
· Levels allow for abilities.
· For most classes, minimum enrollment is four students.
· Some classes may cap enrollment based on teacher and room space.
· All classes are held at the YWCA, 605 N. 6thStreet, Lafayette.
Registration (See Registration Form)
· Registration is due by December 31 at 5:00 PM. Call 765-742-0075.
· Costumes are ordered after measuring week, thus making late enrollments nearly impossible.
· Returning dancers from the Fall 2014 sessions may register beginning December 1.
· General Public may register beginning December 15.
· There is an annual $25 Registration Fee. Registration forms are due only annually with renewal of fee.
· A Registration form MUST be brought, emailed, or faxed in at time of registration.
· Returning Y-Dancers stay in the same class as fall session, unless communicated to you otherwise.
· We recommend Level 1 for dancers new to the Y-Dance program.
Y-Dance Show (See Y-Dance Show and Costume Measuring Week)
· Our Y-Dance Show (recital) will be held Saturday, May 9 at 1:00 and 6:00 PM.
· Dress Rehearsal will be held Friday, May 8.
· We measure for costumes during your class day and time January 5-8. There is no charge for this class.
· A show packet with ALL important information is given after spring break.
· Pictures will be taken Saturday, May 2. Times TBD by class.
The Y-Dance program undergoes changes as the numbers, needs, and desires of its dancers continue to grow, evident by the number of our dancers and introduction of our newly formed dance company, Dance Distinction. Whether the goal is to dance at a recreational level “just for fun”, or for those who foresee themselves on competitive dance teams, on Dance Distinction Dance Company, in musical theatre, undertaking auditions, or who want to take dance to a higher level, Y-Dance has something for everyone. Our philosophy is:
If you have other questions that are not answered in the below links, please phone the YWCA at 742-0075.
Tuition/Discounts/Payment Plan (1 page) If you would like Y-Dance to perform at an event, please contact Deedra Newby at email@example.com or 765-423-7021.
YWCA Y-Dance Testimonials 2014
My YWCA had been a place where my girls have learned that hard work and perseverance really pays off. It has made them stronger dancers all while having fun, making new friends, and participating in the most amazing dance recitals!
When I moved to the Lafayette area 15 years ago, the YWCA became my second home. Through its many programs, it nurtured not only myself but three young children. Our family made lifelong friends and created lasting memories from participating in its many programs. When we walked through the door, the staff would greet us by name making us feel part of the YWCA family. Now my youngest daughter has been in the Y Dance program which is an extension of the YWCA philosophy of promoting a family like atmosphere. My daughter has developed not only a love and discipline for dance technique and skill, but has excelled in a loving and encouraging environment by its wonderful and talented teachers. This program is yet another testament to the YWCA commitment to its community.
My YWCA means my daughters have a wonderful place to dance! My YWCA offers us a supportive and caring staff with knowledgable and talented dance instructors!
My YWCA is where my daughter has been taking dance lessons since she was four years old. She is now 14 and has developed into a beautiful dancer! She continues to take classes and is also working with younger dancers at the YWCA as a dance assistant.