Classes for Youth, Teens, and Adults
Home of Dance Distinction Dance Company
2016 Christmas Parade Music
Winter 2017 (15 weeks of instruction)
- January 5: Registration due (front office closes at 5 pm)
- January 9 - 12: Y-Dance Show costume measuring, sizing, payment/dancewear ordering
- January 16 - May 4: Instructional classes
- March 27 - 30: Spring Break/No Classes
- April 28: Show Photo Session
- May 5 and 6: Y-Dance Dress Rehearsal and Shows (see information below)
Class Options (See Class Description, Class Schedule, and Tuition links at bottom of page for more details)
SNAP Ages 5 and older
Pre-Fusion Age 3
Fusion Pre-K (age 4) through Adult Offered by Divisions and Levels**
Leaps and Turns* Grades 1 through 12 Offered by Divisions and Levels
Ballet Grades 1 through 12 Offered by Levels
Hip Hop Grades 3 through Adult Offered by Divisions
Tap Grades K through 8 Offered by Levels
Tumbling for Dance Grades 5 through 12 Offered by Divisions
*To enroll in a Leaps and Turn class, a Fusion and/or Ballet class is a prerequisite. This allows for the fundamentals to be learned in conjunction with leaps and turns.
** Enrollment in a Level 4 Fusion Class requires enrollment in Leaps/Turns and Ballet as well.
- Divisions signify grade/maturity
- Levels allow for abilities
- For most classes, minimum enrollment is four students
- Some classes may cap enrollment based on teacher and room space
- All classes are held at the YWCA, 605 N 6th St. Lafayette
by January 5 at 5 pm. Call 765-742-0075.
- Returning dancers from the summer and
winter sessions may register beginning November 28
- General Public
register beginning December 12.
Level 1 for dancers new
to the Y-Dance Program.
- There is an annual $25 Registration
- A Registration form MUST be completed at the
at the front desk at time of registration for new dance
Y-Dance Show (recital) will be held on Saturday, May 6 at 1 pm and 6 pm
- Dress Rehearsal will be held on Friday, May 5
- We measure for costumes during your class day and time January 9 - 12. There is no charge for this class.
- A show packet with ALL important information is given after spring break
- Pictures will be taken Saturday, April 28. Times TBD by class.
Y-Dance program undergoes changes as the numbers, needs, and desires of its
dancers continue to grow forward. Whether the goal is to dance at a
recreational level “just for fun” or for those who foresee themselves on dance
teams, in musical theatre, undertaking auditions, or who want to take dance to
a higher level, Y-Dance has something for everyone. Beginning in 2003 with three classes and 16
dancers Y-Dance has now grown to over 350 students.
Y-Dance philosophy is:
To provide an atmosphere of
discipline and structure
To make each dancer feel loved, valued,
To be fun, enjoyable, and a learning
To enhance dancers’ coordination,
dance, creativity, and memory skills
If you do not know which class is
for you/your child, please phone the YWCA at 742-0075 and Y-Dance Director, Hannah
Walters, will help you determine where to begin. WE WELCOME YOU!
Class Schedule/Observation Days Information
Y-Dance Show/Costume Measuring Week